Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #338
Robert Fischer
clean money

it's pretty much a mute point

some of the races, it sounds like she's talking matter-of-factly, rather than 'announcing' with timing/suspense/dramatic finish in a gambling game.

I then cynically wonder whether or not she spent thousands of hours emulating her idol race callers and practicing calls of imaginary or favorite races, or whether she just had an opportunity to try something and was given the job.

then I go pay more attention to others, and some other announcers (although their timing and portrayal of contention is better) don't try to, pump drama into every race, so maybe it's just a bias I have against her.

That's about all the thinking I devote to the subject. And it's wayyy too much (thanks guys, I blame you guys for your threads, and complaints, and praises, and moderate claims of mild improvement).

Mute or sometimes background music is fine while I am doing the race-watching stuff.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)