Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 12:00 AM   #769
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Solar panel installation jobs don't last if the costs of solar panels, including tariffs, price too many consumers out of the market.
Solar panel installation jobs don't last if the costs of solar panels, including tariffs, price too many consumers out of the market, UNLESS THE STATES OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROVIDE REBATES OR TAX CREDITS. Trump will probably stop federal rebates, but the states can still offer them.

There are new technologies for solar being developed. Companies (like Panasonic) are developing new applications (photovoltaic) for homes and industrial developments. And don't forget, the panels on the rooftops are one type of solar. There are new utility scale solar developments (concentrating solar power) on the California/Nevada border - I've actually been to Ivanpah. And the last I looked there were more than 26,000 MW of utility-scale solar projects under development.

Coal jobs won't last long either as long as natural gas prices are low and renewable energy keeps growing. It just isn't worth it to utilities to try to upgrade deteriorating power plants. Plus, and this is often mistakenly ignored, the cost of pollution control technologies makes coal even less appealing and renewables more so.

Frankly, I don't think this kind of thing is on your specialty list.

Something I wrote: https://westgov.org/images/editor/St...nergy_2013.pdf

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 10-22-2018 at 12:04 AM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)