Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 09:28 AM   #15
Sheffwed

NYRA = Keystone Kops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
The enabling element for rational and reasoned conversation is transparency. When transparency is not provided, conspiracy theories thrive.

Providing concise and complete details on the Elite Turf Club and the associated business relationships will be the only way to clear the air regarding CAW impact in the short and long term.

From the transcripts provided covering Steve Crist and Andy Beyer, the most damning words were simple : unethical and scandal.

Steven Crist: [...] One other thought on CAW. It may not be illegal, but I think it's certainly unethical for racetracks to have ownership stakes in these syndicates. I mean, they now have a financial incentive to just screw all their regular customers to make the CAW things more profitable because they're sharing those profits. I really think that Stronach and NYRA should divest themselves of their ownership stakes.

Andy Beyer: I couldn't agree more. I think it's a real scandal for racetracks to be so blatantly working against the interests of their bedrock customers. I am shocked. But I'm not shocked that anything that the Stronach Group does. I'm shocked that NYRA would be a part of something like that.
NYRA really are the Keystone Kops of racing

Try they might in their own way, but all they do in the end is destroy

I can't believe they are about to tear down the Belmont grandstand and they have already totally destroyed the Belmont infield and turf tracks

This project could have done for so much less money for an audience that only wants to come one day a year, and otherwise use the paddock area (also destroyed)

And now they are exposed as also investing in the destruction of the entire sport

Nice
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom