Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #73
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
...and it pays $26 dollars to win...when it should have paid $106. What's an "unenlightened" horseplayer to think?
Move on to the next one? Catch the next $26 winner that seemed like it should have paid $10 or $12? Appreciate the mystery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC
I have found that many handicappers would rather believe that something nefarious happened to prevent them from winning a race than admit that they really don't have adequate handicapping skill.
I'm with AndyC.

Race results are the products of hundreds, or thousands, of human interactions and decisions, in the moment and in the days, weeks, or months leading up to each individual event. A horse's natural ability accounts somewhat for its place in the large-scale hierarchy of horses in training, but human activity has much more impact on the results themselves. There are no absolute truths; on the contrary, it seems to me that a loyalty to absolutes is cover for sucking all the fun out it in a self-defeating way.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)