Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #51
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
watch him during his bath yesterday a.m.? Does all look well and right to you?
Was definitely favoring that left hoof and resting on his toe for the most part. That sprinting workout could have upset the pain in the bruise. Could also be in part due to habit. This was one of the reasons he didn't start until February of 3yo. He's had cracks and pain there since they first started to get him to the races as a 2yo. He ran on that problem for 4 races including the Santa Anita Derby and a hot-paced, sloppy Kentucky Derby. The shoe-work following the Derby was probably the best solution he has had to date.

It's enough to keep an eye on at this point for any obvious problems or strange change of plans (Baffert decided to match AP's work schedule, so we now expect another 4F work on Mondy June 1), but I think his issues are for now well-enough controlled and you are able to see some symptoms of the underlying issues.

Reading these boards it sometimes seems that not everyone is aware of the serious issues that Justify faced, and how fragile these animals are in general, and how much in doubt even the Preakness was for Justify during a window of maybe 24 hours or so.
- That, or the favorite medium of discussion is contrarianism, and there's a trolling element to create and keep that atmosphere going

We've got careful analysis on the exact speed and the energy distribution of the work. We've got comparison between the exact body of work that one of the best and most efficient horses in recent era (American Pharoah) ran in 2015...

But, I'm with you on the same page here; - where I used to easily see this handsome blur of muscle striding along, I can't help but watch his heel for the first viewing or two, along with any walking or bathing. Then I can consciously 'zoom-out' and watch him really move again. This is a good horse and if his issues are well-controlled, then only something very random, or something truly heroic and unexpected from a rival can beat him.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)