Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #32
JPinMaryland

If Fu Peg had run like 2 days earlier, then that 2 year old jinx thing woudl have been broken. You really think horse racing karma depends on what day of the week FuPeg raced in Dec 1999??

Curlin's style actually does not work for him. stalkers dont win anywhere near as well as closers, and not quite as well as presser/front runners if you combine those. That said, stalkers seem to have done very well the last 5 or 6 years or so...

CUrlin does not remind me of Lawyer Ron because that horse never relaxed at all. One of those OP races he was climbing and just rarin to go. You dont see that with Curlin.

One trend that is more scarier than 2 year old jinx, or the 3 prep jinx is that favorites have not done well as a rule here. I dont know what the winning% for Ky Derby favs. is but I'm thinking it is less than 33%. That trend seems more of a real threat.

Nice comparison to Tapit.
JPinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement