Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #24
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I guess I don't get the whole point of any rebuttals even being necessary. Hong Kong is generally recognized as the most honest well regulated racing jurisdiction in the world, and the data available to it's customers for free is without compare.

No, we can't have the exact same thing because our situation is different in many ways here. But there are many aspects of their model we can adopt. Many.

But....we don't.

All this stuff is brought up, year after year after year. The excuses I've heard now for 20+ years will just continue until we have a centralized governing body for the industry.

In life when their is *intent*, things happen. The only thing I can think at this point is that there isn't, (and never has been), any real intent to fix U.S. racing other then when forced to do so by public pressure. Then they pretend to care about something other than profits.

In the meantime, I will watch and wager hong kong and other jurisdictions. I won't have to watch carnage like an assistant starter beating a horse mulitiple times in the head; I won't have to read stories about a horse with a broken leg with no veterinary attention at dumps like PNGI, etc. This is supposed to be a civilized nation.
With all the wonderful things being done in Hong Kong for your benefit can we assume that you are making a comfortable 6 figure income from your bets there?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)