Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
For 20 years I've gone back and forth to NY, primarily, for racing. Too...had a second home in Kentucky because I love racing. I've spent a lot of time at the track, every year and it's been due to my love of horses and of handicapping.

Most women do not want to learn to handicap horse races. It is a long and arduous process that they care absolutely nothing about, though, they are all smiles when you hand them part of your winnings, gentlemen. As you know, you're a genius then.

I've walked and stayed all day, into the night, in some dive OTBs. Not caring that I was the only woman in the building except for the mutuel clerks. I've also been in the fine dining spots, clubhouses, etc. They're more women in those, but they can't usually handicap either.

Learn the game. Then, think, walk and talk with purpose. Don't be bothered that you may be the only woman close by.

One thing I can say... be careful approaching any woman sitting alone, handicapping and betting. .... I wasn't in a dive, I was at Keeneland. For two days, this guy sat down at my table, trying to make small talk. I paid little attention, went about my business. He drank beer. On the third day, he blurts out, "I wanna know where I stand." I raised my head. And looked across my table. " Where you stand?? With me?? Dude, I've put up with you for three days. I don't give a damn where you stand. Now get up, or I'll call security. You can't even handicap and I've heard "who ya like" for my last time."

Gentlemen, don't interrupt us when we're busy. And good luck finding those of us that love the sport.

I'm lucky that my sweetheart likes animals, and doesn't gamble or drink. She simply enjoys the live racing, fresh air, atmosphere. We always split something like pizza, popcorn, a hot tea...

If I win, I take her out for some nice food, and if I lose I cook a nice dinner at home.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)