Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: PAIHL - Chatter
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

The following "format" was put together before reading Ted's proposal. (I have subsequently read Ted's plan, and see no real concerns.). I also like the idea of the finals consisting of more races, so as to minimize the luck factor. Subject plan presented below only addresses the top A-group (which was 24 teams last year), and is based on the premise that a regular season of significant length to sufficient identify the top/best teams.

One draw-back is that some teams do get eliminated and therefore do not play every week.

The plan:

--- Top 24 teams (including ties) make the playoffs. Teams not making the playoff have their own tournament.
--- Playoffs consist of three rounds.
--- Round 1 ---> Teams ranked 11th thru 24th from regular season play. Top 3 (including ties) advance to next round.
--- Round 2 ---> Teams ranked 6th thru 10th from regular season plus top 3 from round 1 play. Top 3 (including ties) advance to next round.
--- Round 3 --> Teams ranked 1st thru 5th from regular season plus top 3 (including ties) from round 2 play.

While some folks do not like the idea of a bye, top teams (by demonstration over the entire season) desire to go to a higher level in the playoffs before they risk elimination.

As to the Group B tournament, I think that any team that does not enter selections in the last week of the regular season should not be allowed. This would act as an incentive to play the entire season, even if a team's chances are remote.

Chris
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)