Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
iCoder

Hi all,

I just wanted everyone to know that I will not be able to produce an Event list for the 20th at this time. I will continue to work the issue and try to have one by morning but it doesn't look good. I am having difficulty accessing the information in an automated fashion. We will have to revert to a manual process until this is figured out.

Some background info:

Jay approuched me about helping with the contest scoring and I was agreeable to exploring ideas on how we can make it the best system for everyone: players and administrators. So that's how I got involved. After discussing what was necessary to get the scoring system put in place I started working towards that goal about a week and a half ago. In hind sight, getting it ready for the contest to start on the 18th was very ambitious. We thought it was better to start a little slow than to move the start date of the contest back.

Please bare with us while we work out the kinks. In the long run it will be worth it as we streamline the contest participation and scoring process.

Track Collector has graciously offered to manually score the contest for us while we work on resolving the data collection issues. Please thank him and give him all of your support for taking on such a daunting challenge.

Any comments or ideas are encouraged and appreciated. Please PM one of us with your thoughts.

iCoder

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)