Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #26
MONEY

That crash in post #10 could have been prevented with a the horn, steering or by speeding up instead of stopping.

Self driving cars use GPS.
Did any of you ever have your GPS on while maneuvering through a parking lot.
It begins to rapidly give different instructions to drive in many directions.
The GPS instructing a computer driven car this way will certainly cause an accident.

My GPS has taken me to abandoned buildings and desolate backstreets and then announced
"You Have Arrived". We all know that people will be stupid enough to throw their kids into a self driven car and send them to grandma's house.
Also whenever I leave my neighborhood it directs me to go though a dead end street to reach the main road.

About a month ago there was an accident on Interstate 10 that had the highway closed in both directions. I had my GPS on and of course it instructed me to get onto the ramp for highway. Had I followed instructions I would have been stuck in traffic for hours.

Computer driven cars might be practical in the future, but for now drivers are needed to correct computer errors.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.