Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
Poindexter

Reckless Driving/Speeding on Freeways

Wondering is this a nationwide trend or is just a Southern California thing. Let me make this very Clear. I do not drive slowly. All of my life I typically drove 75 to 80 on the freeways(even when the speed limit was 55). I always felt more in control because I typically did not have to deal with people coming from behind me. These days I can drive 80 and I am being passed every 5 seconds (often by some idiot going about 100 or faster). There used to be a time that I was actually worried about getting a speeding ticket. Now I am like where the heck is the Highway Patrol. It is really crazy out here. Drivers are constantly changing lanes for no reason, going 30 miles per hour faster than the speed of traffic(in all lanes including the slow lane) just to jam on their brakes, changing lanes without sufficient clearance (anytime someone passes me I slow, because I know what is coming next) and of course weaving through traffic. I can't do this at night, but during the day I will not change lanes without making sure that the driver I am getting in front of actually has his eyes faced forward because so many drivers are distracted. I don't think I can drive 5 minutes on our freeways without spotting 5 drivers driving dangerously(and no, speeding does not mean driving dangerously it is how you drive fast).There has to be so many needless deaths on our freeways each year.

Just wondering if others are experience the same elsewhere.

Last edited by Poindexter; 04-04-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement