Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #176
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Of course, Vigors denied that he was either atheist or agnostic. If I understood his logic, it was, how can I not believe in anything that isn't there. Ironically, if that line appeared in a George Orwell book it would have been considered brilliant.

The line between atheist and agnostic is very thin. The difference between believing there is no god and believing "we can't tell if there is a god" is perhaps fodder for a college debate, but still comes down to "I don't believe in a god." In any case, call him what you want, but Vigors doesn't believe in any particular god.

Remember, that this part of the conversation emanated from a humorous post about renaming the thread.
A "thing" is material..."God" is not material..."God" is not a thing...."God" is a non-thing...."God" "is" nothing....You want me to believe in (a) nothing...?
It is impossible to "believe" in (a) nothing...You want me to believe an "is" that isn't, don't you...?

Please prove your "is" that isn't...and please just don't say that "it" "is" that "it" "is"....or "I am that I am"...or some other religio-canard...

Maybe this thread should be called the "You cannot not believe in anything that isn't there"....thread....

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-06-2017 at 11:31 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most