Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: The coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #8525
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
If the numbers were accurate, this would be very interesting to track but the numbers are seriously flawed. "Cases" are a function tests, which have varied wildly. Covid "Deaths" are slapped onto most anyone dying with the disease and not necessarily from the disease. These numbers by themselves don't have much value but if you were to include deaths from pneumonia, flu, respiratory failure, heart attacks and overall deaths for example, with years past, these might be meaningful numbers. Perhaps also the number of hospital beds available but that info seems to be hit or miss.
out of the total number of cases i use 20% of the number as the ones that have serious cases. there is no way you can get an accurate number because they are only reporting them as a total number. someone might test positive and may have very minor symptoms today and 3 days later they become very severe. another thing you can't figure are the deaths. some people have another illness and corona at the same time. some people die of corona and were never tested and the deaths are recorded as something else.

i am not worried until the total number of cases average 1/2 a million per day on average for 14 straight days.. i am hoping that the vaccine helps to keep it down below that number. i am convinced that if we did not have the vaccine we would get there within the next 6 months.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)