Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #21
racenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Experience my "go to"

I seen everything that can happen on a race track at least once.

Allan
Dick Mitchell, rest his soul, used to say that chess was "finite" and thus "easy" compared to horse racing. "All" you had to do to become a chess master was to learn the approximately 1M moves that are possible on a fixed chessboard with pieces whose moves are controlled by fixed rules. Horse racing has an infinite number of factors that can combine in infinite ways under dynamic conditions, with no fixed rules to control the "moves" of the "pieces", resulting in possibilities that no one can possibly master. At least not in the short run.

Here's one such example, a blast from my past of note:

Why More Worry (KY)
TB, DK B/, M, FOALED APRIL 23, 1971
( TIME TESTED - WAVE OF JOY, BY JOHNS JOY )

Must have been 1975 @ Hollywood Park. This filly always went to the lead going 2 turns on the turf and often won as the favorite (2-1 was a fairly "heavy" favorite in those days, fields were larger, lament, lament).

That day she did her thing at her usual 2-1, was breezing on the lead by open daylight in deep stretch, then about 10 feet from the wire she decides she's a steeplechaser, jumps the inner rail, tosses the jockey, and runs off to go swimming with the Goose Girl in one of the infield lakes.
racenarios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)