Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #88
NJ Stinks

A few points going into Day 2 of the Keeneland boycott.

This is a perfect example of why horseracing is loved in the UK and not loved here.

Over there the Racing Post and Sporting Life would be all over this taking extra money from the punters by the tracks or bookmakers. Daily and weekly reminders in articles online and in the Racing Post print edition would abound. And the main horseracing broadcast on ITV each Saturday would discuss why the additional fee for betting is justified or not justified. Hell, the daily newspapers in the UK would be discussing this fleecing too.

As opposed to what we get here....DRF tells us the raise is coming back in August and adds something about gamblers probably being unhappy. Thanks for nothing DRF....TVG not only will not tell us about the increase in takeout but they are encouraging me to be a sucker by making 2 races from Keeneland today "Money Back Special Races" if my pick finishes 2nd or third at Keeneland today. Thanks for absolutely nothing TVG. And it goes without saying "Thanks for nothing Keeneland" is the order of the day.

So let's review. I'm drunk and fumbling for my keys in the pub. DRF says I may be better off not having another drink but it's up to me. TVG offers me a couple more free drinks - I guess to keep me from leaving the bar. And Keeneland mugged me on the way into the bar so they know it will be much less lucrative to mug me on the way out.

Day 2 and I'm still not playin' Keeneland.

Last edited by NJ Stinks; 10-07-2017 at 12:54 PM.
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)