Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #12
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
Pyron(KY) won OP 7th $83k Maiden Special Weight race yesterday going off at odds of 4.9-1.

When I saw that this FTS was trained by Asmussen and ridden by Santana, I like most became very curious about this horse until I saw that the horse was sold for measly $15k. Being out of Candy Ride(ARG) that stands for $80k and out a mare by Tapit something did not look right?

I also heard OP announcer and track analyst wondering the same thing. How could it be, what's wrong with this horse "does he have two front legs pointing in diametrically opposing directions" Vic Stauffer wondered? So like most I looked elsewhere.

But after the race, given how easily this horse won defeating some nice colts, I decided to investigate.

What I found curious is that the horse was sold at Fasig-Titon May Midlantic 2-year olds in training sale to KDA Equine for $15k by Winchell Thoroughbreds. So who is KDA Equine, why non other than Asmussen who was likely already training this horse.

The horse current owner is also listed as Winchell Thoroughbreds! What is going on here?

Now had I and likely other bettors known that KDA Equine was Steve Asmussesn, we would have been all over this horse. But we were mislead by the low sale price, which was no at-arms transaction at all, but some kind of scheme by Winchell and Asumussen that created the impression that this 15k horse was likely not very good.

Further, since both breeder and owner were the same, $15k sale price must have been RNA; that's, the horse did even meet this sale reserve, which is what most would conclude.

Wait, was Linrom the person talking about ‘stupid remarks’??

Racing is “not a game for the general public” only because it continues to cater to 1% of its own present audience at the full expense of its entire future.

This, as always, has zero to do with anything Linrom ”saw”, “heard”, “found” or “know(s)”.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.