Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #163
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
What the rights of those 20 children and 6 adults that died because inadequate gun laws? ...

(next post)

...We have stop him before he gets there.
I don't get from point A to point B in your logic. Do we need to take away his offensive looking weapon or do we need to stop him before he gets there? Surely taking away his offensive looking weapon alone doesn't stop him before he gets there.

I agree with the conclusion, the second statement for sure. I might agree with the first statement, but it is independent from the second. It certainly doesn't appear to me to be a condition of reaching the conclusion.

Do you want fewer people to die or do you want to stop him from getting there? Which is more important, because lard knows, we only have the attention span and will to deal with one major problem at a time. Considering the benefit of approaching the problem from the perspective of sentence number one and then the benefit of approaching it from sentence number two, and then factoring in the political battles and what would happen in the interim of those battles, which direction would you actually like to see our attention focused on primarily? Taking the offensive gun or stopping him before he gets there?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)