Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I don't know about that Al. Accountability has to start somewhere. I hope.
I'm not sure what the accountability was for. The sport was never clean, none of them were or even still are. I'll still stand by the claim that Mickey Mantle likely received steroid injections. Guys were popping amphetamines like candy in the 60s and 70s. Those are PEDs. Sholud all the great players from that era be excluded? From the first day you could make money playing a game, guys were doing whatever they could to keep doing it. I don't blame them. I would too. Beats selling cars or whatever else kinda job these guys would get otherwise.

Way I see it, Clemens and Bonds were great players with or without. They should be in. Let history judge them as it will. Sosa and McGuire were not great players without and were pretty one dimentional with. They should not be in.

How bad these things are, I'm not sure. In a way they are miracle drugs, allowing the players to be the best they can be and play through long seasons at near physical peak. Abused, I'm sure they are dangerous like all drugs, but I'm not so sure if they aren't good for the players if properly administered.

As I've always said too, as long as there has been baseball, there has been "cheating" in baseball. Some considered the curve ball cheating in the early days if you can believe that. I guess it just doesn't bother me that much.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)