Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #50
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
No hostility, just a bit hard nosed. I guess I expected a little more here, some concrete numbers or something, anything. Instead it's been pretty weak, at least in my opinion. No straight answers here to questions. This is your thread, and I will leave you to it. It's a sloppy playing field but it's all yours.
I am sorry you were unimpressed by the several thousand words I posted above and my detailed analysis of Colorado and Ohio, which it seems like was chock full of numbers. Guess they weren't "hard" enough for you, but since the thrust of my argument is that all these turnout estimates are "soft" subjective numbers I don't know what to tell you. I spent like 10 hours going over the polls for just those 2 states from this election and the last one, making spreadsheets, writing programs to do the number-crunching, etc, and then several hours over several days to type it all up. I mean, you did see all that, right? The first three posts in this very thread?

So I'm sorry if that wasn't good enough for you to even make a comment on it, but again, who is paying me exactly to do this? You have been able to get away with "see Nate Silver" for your analysis -- I actually had to do the work and what I posted has way more detail than anything you've offered, so what the hell? If I wanted to do the whole country, it would be a beyond a full time job and I'd need assistants...

Last edited by GameTheory; 11-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)