Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
johnhannibalsmith

It's a grind. Some jocks just lose the desire and the will and unless you are an elite jock a la Bailey who can show up and ride six favorites for big money wherever he feels like it and watch the money roll in, it just compounds upon itself. I don't doubt that losing the mount probably accelerated the choice, but if she had the passion and the fire, she'd be hunting the next "big horse" like every other jock, trainer, and owner that suffers heartwrenching setback after setback in this game. She's not having to choose between piling up losing jock mounts and a winner here and there or becoming a gallop girl, she can walk away with security and without worries. It's not exactly an uncommon scenario for people in the industry to just get burned out and take advantage of a better option when it seems like its time.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)