Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfan378
I am and here is why, I think it was a b/s call that Sutherland got yanked b/c of one riding faux pas. Look at who won the Classic, Hernandez bothched a ride on him before and the connections stuck with him!

I am glad "Dude" lost the race b/c I think Sutherland would still be in the racing game if that move wasn't made. That was (IMO) the major reason why she called it quits. Her heart was broken beyond repair due to a 2nd place finish and not another chance was given to her to show her ability to ride.

Serves the connections right to suffer a loss in the biggest race of the year!

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching Chantal view the race Saturday and her reaction after they crossed the wire. . .
I pretty much agree with you, Though Bejarano is a better jockey, I think Sutherland is a better fit for that horse. I also think she would have panicked if she was riding and the horse had been a little slow, which in my opinion would have been a good thing. This is one of the few times that hustling after a bad break or sending wide around horses into the first time would have been a good thing.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)