Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

BC Friday thoughts

Juvy Sprint - who cares? Gonna take a small stab with #7 Sweet Shirley Mae from off the pace in the hopes that they blaze out up front and come back to her. Using mainly underneath in exotics with a small win bet.

Marathon - quite a few on the pace types and i will go with two late runners, Atigun and the classy Grassy (two time Gr2 winner). Fame And Glory could waste this field or spin his wheels over the SA dirt...i will bet on the latter; it's just a bad bet to play these Euros on firm American dirt. Grassy will be a nice price and is also making his dirt debut, but he and Gomez have done some nice work together, and he's the perfect jock for his running style. He's a serious late runner when he's ready.

Juvy Fillies Turf: - two girls for me here, Spring Venture and Kitten's Point. The former has been stunning in her short career so far and has to be used. KP is proven without lasix while no other N American based runner is, strong late kick too. Sky Lantern is formidable and may try to wire this bunch, but i'm betting someone gets this pace going and she becomes a late casualty.

Juvenile Fillies - all signs point to a fast and contested pace that is sure to take it's toll. Gimme Spring In The Air from way back to run these girls over. Dreaming Of Julia and Broken Spell (was she gaining on SITA late at Kee??) are next best imo.

Filly & Mare Turf - sigh, i am swanging for it here with In Lingerie (pause for your laughter to subside) to go a long way on the front end and get a big piece of this. I have not seen Pletcher try a move like this before (first time turf in a race of this caliber/magnitude) and i will trust that he sees something in this filly that made him try this.
Gotta use The Fugue and Marketing Mix. Trying to beat Ridasiyna on firm turf which she may not prefer.

Ladies Classic - you can value hunt all day on this race but i don't see more than a $6.00 win mutuel. Best value imo is Include Me Out but not in the win hole...just don't think she's good enough, but racing on her home track will help. Using her big under Royal Delta and small under Awesome Feather; tossing My Miss Aurelia and Questing out of the top two slots. Will make a token "just in case" win bet on Include Me Out.

Good luck y'all

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)