Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 01:24 AM   #256
proximity

ace on the river.....

ok poker fans, we continue with our ATLANTIC CITY report.

we last left off with a brutal 2/4 pounding at harrah's and when we returned to bally's we even struggled to get a simple sandwich when sack o'subs ran out of rolls.

after getting a little relaxation in our cozy little suite in the Curtis on the bay tower we return to the wsop poker room for some night action. (2/4/6 limit)

we start quickly with T2 in the big blind seeing a flop of T 2 8.

I lead out on the flop only to be raised by an obnoxious glutton on my immediate left who promptly turns a queen to give his J9o...... yes, he limped utg with j9 off... the winning straight when no dime or deuce hits the river.

of course then after running out to get an order of fries, the guy immediately hits a high hand.

then he disappears for another thirty minutes, comes back with some cheese fries, and hits ANOTHER high hand.

meanwhile we're 80 minutes in and (in a recurring proximity poker tour theme) I haven't dragged a single pot.

eventually however I get on the board with our old friend KK and wins with AJ and AK follow to cut my deficit to only $13 for the game.

no high hands or French fries for me but it looks like it's at least going to be a winning session when KQ sees a flop of Q 8 3 and turns a king for two pairs.

but a woman with JT stayed in with her gutterball and the cowboy on the turn made her open ended.

ace on the river seals my fate.

thank you for reading.

game -52 (2/4)
season -2579 (50-59)
bonus 0 (695)

Last edited by proximity; 01-26-2018 at 01:28 AM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)