Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #119
Inner Dirt

I thought The Forum, right next door would meet the wrecking ball long before Hollywood Park. I think one of the strangest moments I ever saw at a track was at Hollywood Park. Two turn race for low end claimers in the early 80's. I was a rail bird on the finish line watching with binoculars, crossing the finish line Laffit Pincay, and a rider whose name I forget pulled their horses up almost immediately crossing the finish line, both well beaten. Both dismount, ran toward each other and started fighting, rolling around in the dirt entering the far turn. Quickly a group of guys ran over and yanked them apart.

Watching the replay I did not see anything major that was worth trading punches over, the cameras quickly panned away from the fight before you could see it on the replay, pretty sure most of the fans did not even know it happened.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 08-19-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)