Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Vegan Diet
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #7
Light
Veteran

Teach

I've been a vegetarian since 21. Now I'm 62. When i first started changing to a vegetarian diet, people were warning me of the dangers of not eating meat. Today the opposite is known. That eating a vegetarian diet is healthier than a diet with meat and the dangers are from a meat based diet.

Now that being a vegetarian is more mainstream,the same thing has happened with Vegan diets. Because of ignorance, it had been touted as "dangerous". It is actually a healthier diet than being a vegetarian which is healthier than being a meat eater.

In all three types I would recommend that one goes organic. The dangers from chemicals in your food, hormones or Gmo's etc. can negate the health affects of whatever diet you are on. If i have to pay more for organic, I've always looked at it as a cheap form of health insurance. After eating organic for 40 years i ponder how many pounds of chemicals and unhealthy substances I would have consumed over those 40 years. It makes me shudder to think, and I attribute my good heath to a large extent to not accumulating those toxins over the years.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)