Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #49
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGroundhog View Post
If I were to institute my example of limiting the breeding you would need to purchase a license to breed a thoroughbred. Most of that money would go to the 'rescue program' (overhead and salaries would be paid - remainder to the rescue program).

Any remaining money needed to cover the expenses would be taken from the money wagered. Takeouts would increase (possibly dramatically).

You might claim that the increased takeout is 'taking money from the horseplayer' - but just like any transaction, when you provide the money in exchange for something it is no longer your money. You have no say in how it should be spent.

You can claim that breakage and uncashed tickets are 'wrongfully' taken from the horseplayer - but if it were to be returned I could just as easily claim the money was being 'wrongfully' distributed to the horse players.
I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here. IMO...the breakage and the confiscation of the uncashed ticket proceeds is an act of outright THIEVERY...and this shameful practice is allowed to go on only because the industry considers its customers to be nothing but addicted fools.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)