Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #73
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Trump did not run on a platform of Identity Politics. If he's a racist, as you make him out to be, then you must prove that. You're the one making the claim.

And I didn't ask for examples of anything.

And you're confusing me with someone else. I barely weighed in (if at all) on the tariffs issue.

Trump and his supporters fit under the definition of Nationalism.

You and your ilk accuse Trump and his supporters as being "fascists" because we do believe that America is the greatest country on the planet (nothwithstanding our faults, since no "family" is perfect). The U.S.A. is the foremost leader of Liberty.
You need to re-read my post.

I don't think Trumps a racist. I gave you props for at least having a coherent argument for tariffs... if I recall that was about the extent you weighed in on the subject. As PA says I have the memory of an elephant... here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
There are things in this dark, fallen, confused, chaotic, untrustworthy world for which a smart nation would not want to be depend on other nations. However, neither ties or shirts are one of those things. But steel is. If we should ever get into a war, the U.S. should not have to depend on its supply of metal from overseas. Or for that matter, if any of our key suppliers were to get caught up in a conflict of any sort by one of our enemies, our supply pipeline would likely be sorely compromised. Not an enviable position to be in.
And my response:

Quote:
This is the best logic I've seen and it works for the national security argument.

Still not a great one for a unprovoked tariff but one nonetheless...

Problem is in that scenario we are going to be paying more for steel regardless of where it comes from whether domestically or globally. Under the tariff system we pay more for it now AND later.

Plus... rationing... it was a real thing once.

We can agree to disagree on a wartime economy during peacetime but at least your point is congruent.

Last I checked we don't have orders for 6 Iowa's and 5 Montana's.

We already spend like we're fighting WW3 anyway.
To the original point though... I gave you three distinct examples associated with fascism but not associated with nationalism. At National Rebirth. The creation of the "strong leader" and the cult of leadership... his makes Obama look like small potatoes and his actually distrubed me too. Finally, this weird policy of economic nationalism and autarky... these are what separate fascism from nationalism.

They apply... to varying degrees... to this administration.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)