Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Rapid Redux
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #520
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Many horses were entered in the last 5 or 6 races without the connections having any intention of actual showing up in the gate. Favors, bribes, whatever, you be the judge, but the whole things smells. This isn't news, it was so obvious the first few times anybody could see what was happening if they wanted to see it.

Our sport is so desperate for attention it ignores the shady stuff, right or wrong.
i think you happen to have a good handle on things.

i really want to point out how un level a playing field it is for most owners and trainers in this game. this is one example but only a very small one. how about todd pletcher having over 100 stalls in new york tracks, along with other trainers that are top notch. they are top notch because they send their horses out in sets 5 at a time, and charge big money to train them because they have to. but that is really nothing when you go down to fairhills, how about G. Motion having 3 barns there. he sends them out in sets of TWELVE or more! he is paying over $10 a day for rent in Fairhill. he is doing nothing wrong either. i often wonder how he could possibly lose a maiden first or second time starter. its basically impossible for him not to do well with the money he has behind him to train those horses.

you can say what you want about David Wells, or Cole, or all those other guys that win bottom races. they can't win big races like those other guys do.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)