Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #1076
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
The fact that you think Justify's TC win is the biggest black mark on the sport disqualifies you from being taken seriously with regards to anything about horse racing. It exposes you as the Baffert hater that you are. Was Justify doped for any of the TC races? Was he not the best 3 year old that year? How do you know it was a fake injury. Using your premise I'll Have Another did the same thing. Did he not run anymore because his trainer was also a doper? Funny you never mentioned that incident. In your answer you highlighted one of the major problems. It's not Baffert but the racing authorities who let him off the hook. California is known for allowing cheating with little to no penalties. Just ask Drug O'Neill, Peter Miller, Jerry Hollendorfer and John Sadler but you only fixate on Baffert
I don't hate Baffert. FFS, I cashed a big ticket on his first BC race winner, Thirty Slews. I was excited when he moved over from quarter horse racing. I loved Silver Charm. Loved Game on Dude- and thought Baffert did an amazing job with him. Had no problem whatsoever with American Pharoah.

I'm not anti-Baffert. But he stole the Triple Crown with Justify, and the sport conspired with him to let him do it. When the history of this era is written, that's going to be 1919 World Series-like in how it gets viewed.

As for I'll Have Another, I have my problems with O'Neill, but I praised him, in several fora, when he scratched him from the Belmont. That was a real injury.

But yes, Justify's injury was fake, in the sense that it was not something that would have stopped them from running the horse before he won the TC.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)