Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 11:05 AM   #149
v j stauffer

IMO the 30 day suspension was correct. Had the horse or jockey been badly injured I expect it would have been harsher. As for the Remesn. Jockeys at elite levels ride right on the edge attempting to gain even the slightest advantage. These races are often decided by inches. What I saw from Irad was exactly what we've seen from great riders over the years. Cordero, Pincay, Valenzuela, Baeza, Bailey, Gomez, Arcaro have all made that exact move. Did he initiate contact? Yes. But did it warrant changing a Graded Stake? No. Frankly he probably didn't have to brush Zandon when he did. IMO the incident took place so close to the finish line Zandon didn't have enough time to battle back regardless of the brush. Was it close? Yes. Is someone WRONG if they think there should have been a DQ? No, I can't say they are. As we all know film review by the Stewards is subjective. Two can interpret the same incident differently and make a compelling case for their side. In this case had I been in the booth I would have voted for NO CHANGE. Being a Steward is a thankless, impossible, frustrating job. No matter what, each decision made is going to anger some and please the others. Nature of the beast. I think for the most part the Stewards currently working at the major venues are doing a good job "trying" to provide a level playing field for everyone involved. Are they perfect? Of course not. But as a whole I think the nations racing officials are doing good work. One other thing. The MAGIC word. The real "C" word. Consistency! The bane of the existence of all Stewards. It shouldn't be consistency. It should be agree. If you AGREE with 5 or 6 consecutive decisions I make. You'll applaud my CONSISTENCY. However, if on that 7th call, you're sure I got it wrong. You'll say I've lost all my consistency. Have I? Or on that one do you simply disagree?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)