Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:39 PM   #13
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
May as well use this thread to ask - anyone familiar with owner/trainer Lenin Cruz? He made a $25K claim on a horse in the 4th today at AQU, and I had never heard of him before. I watch my fair share of NYRA.

Couldn't find any hint of him in the stats at nyra.com. At another site it seems he's had one horse/starter at the meet?
So on his Twitter @LCRUZ24 profile he describes himself as a "horse trainer and rider" - looks like he may be an exercise rider starting to train his own, since:

The horse, DEEP SEA, owned by Cruz Racing Stable, was trained by Orlando Noda through a win last Oct 30th, after having been claimed by the Noda brothers on Aug 9th, running in their name Sept 5th, and switching to Cruz ownership on Sept 25th. Then Cruz trained him for a 5th place finish in a 10k claimer on Dec 6th. He went to Parx for two wins, first being jumped to a 12.5 claimer on Dec 29th, then a 45K allowance on Jan 18th. The listed trainer for those wins was Jacinto Solis. Then he started yesterday for Cruz, finishing 6th in a 50K claimer at Aqu.

Maybe pocketing the cash from those 3 wins inspired the move to double the size of the stable with the claim of Not That Brady today.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)