Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #77
headhawg
crusty old guy

oh-oh.....

Yeah, I was a bit concerned that this might happen. Ok, there is Doug's version of FAST. He started this project, but there were a couple of things that he wanted in his program that he has yet to implement. So, Handiman wrote his version of FAST that has been dubbed Handifast which is a separate but integrated program that allows for easy scratches and the sorting of figs, something that Doug has not yet gotten to in FAST. There were some bugs in Handifast, and as I knew the programming language that it was coded in, I volunteered to help orkin those. I thought that I would help out while Handi was taking care of his health situation.

In the very first post of this thread, there is a link to download FAST version X which also includes Handifast (which I believe is v8.5.5). The things that I fixed from that version were mostly the crash bugs, but I also added some things that I thought would be helpful. You can also now use Handifast for up to 14 races for tracks like TDN/RD. With all of those fixes, I changed the version of Handifast to v8.6.1 to indicate the progress. Doug has been very busy with his real job and has not been able to post a version of FAST that incorporates the fixed version of Handifast. So, I posted that I would send the upgraded version to those who wanted it, and provided steps to be able to use it with Doug's FAST program in order to replace the older, buggy version.

The last "new" version is Handifast HHX v1 which just stands for Head Hawg eXperimental to distinguish it from the Handifast version that most people are familiar with. As I posted, it is v8.6.1 that also includes a power rating and a modified version of the FAST fig, and loses the WK and RK ratings mainly so that it fits nicely on my screen. This is something that I did for myself, but I thought that I would make it available for those who wanted it with the caveat that it should be used as a stand alone program.

So now that I have confused people (as I was afraid that I might do), I won't do any more of my own versions. Handi is working on his ideas and should progress in that manner as they sound great. It's going to be impossible to please everyone anyway, and this is all a volunteer project made possible by Doug and Handiman. So just get out there and use it, whatever version you choose.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)