Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #76
pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
I have tested the new ratings that I have added to Handifast and they seem to work fine. This (new) version includes replacing the WK and RK columns with C-C, P-S, and PWR, and adds an additional weighted rating to the FAST number.

What does this all mean? The C-C, P-S, and PWR are modified versions of the class-consistency, pace-speed, and power ratings found in Mitchell's Winning Thoroughbred Strategies book. (I have always been partial to that book as it was the first one that I read that put handicapping into perspective for me.) The C-C rating is based on EPS, Win%, and ITM%; P-S is a combined early pace and final speed rating. They are both based on 60 (low) to 100 (high) scale, and only compare the horses running in that particular race. In other words, a 90 rating in one race is NOT comparable to a 90 (or a 75 or 93) in another. The PWR rating is simply a weighted combination of the C-C and P-S ratings based on race distance.

The adding rating to the FAST number seems to move up horses' rankings for horses other than those in the win slot. So, you might find more likely underneath contenders for exacta, trifecta, and superfecta plays. It does not seem to improve the FAST fig for win contenders. (Again, testing was done on a small sample of races.)

I will make this version (now called FAST HHX v1) available to those who want it. I changed the name so as not to interfere with the current Handifast version (8.6.1). To get this to work, extract (unzip) the files to a separate folder from FAST. Rename the HandifastHHXv1.zzz file to HandifastHHXv1.exe. Then just double-click the exe file and it should run fine. If you prefer this version over 8.6.1, then yes it can be incorporated into FAST by using the same steps that were used to get 8.6.1 to work.

For those of you that requested 8.6.1 previously, just send me an email if you would like this version. I will be busy for the majority of the late morning/early afternoon, but I will send it out as soon as I can.

Are we still talking about handifast X
Imgetting a bit mixed up
pat is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)