Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: In a Slump
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Are you betting Saratoga because of the name of the track? There are a lot of races running on the weekend! you don't have to bet that track. So many guys love betting Saratoga simply because of the name SARATOGA! Once I started betting horses and not race tracks it changed everything! The same value is at Charles Town as it is at Saratoga!
I never bet a track in the first few weeks of the season. I hate trying to bet a race of 8 horses that raced at 6 different tracks in their last race.

Oops, did I say hate? I meant I don't do it. I don't care how trendy a track is, I don't bet it unless it has a season long enough for the horses and trainers to get settled in and race against each other and establish a record. I have looked at Saratoga often over the years, but I can't remember betting there.

I love blue collar tracks. Months long seasons and a good solid base of predictable trainers and honest claiming horses establishing a credible record of performance.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)