Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 02:24 PM   #40
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
He won this race last year with Cloud Computing. The stat you site is foolish.
Cloud Computing ran in the Wood Memorial, skipped the KY Derby, and the ran in the Preakness. He was NOT running off 2 weeks rest.

So please tell me what was "foolish" about my stat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Show us the quotes that you heard all week. .

you are right, it was the jockey not the trainer: “Hopefully, someone else goes [to the early lead]. If Justify goes, and I have to be the one putting pressure on him, I will be,” Ortiz said. “I will have to turn it into a match race. It looks like a match race on paper. You can't give Justify an inch.”

But sounds to me like ortiz had it "figured out" right He's easily one of the best gate riders in the nation right now. Had they let Justify get ahead, ran off the pace, then tried to pass Justify in the stretch, Mike would have hit the button on Justify's afterburners and it would have been over. (and I'm not even a big Justify fan, just calling it like it is----top class speed, despite being tired, would still have won this).

if Brown wanted him to do otherwise he should have made it clear to his jockey.

I admire Brown for entering his colt. Had the post positions been switched, he may have won. Had the weather been different, he may have won (though highly doubtful) He is obviously disappointed, as would be natural.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)