Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
FocusWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilderness
There are multiple other ways to mask files so that general users would simple refuse (security) to open.
If I had written the application, I would have likely simply converted it to an encrypted archive file or somehow converted it to a hex version of the same information (and then unconverted it when reading it). However, I am neither the application developer nor the vendor, I am merely a user who wants to have this less viewable than it currently is when the application is running.

I have the drive it is on encrypted, so without that password, the entire drive is inaccessible. However, the issue is that the drive must be decrypted and available in order for the application to run. The application does not need this password to run in general and in fact the vendor has it masked in the entry screen where it is stored. However, this vendor is a bit stupid and then writes this masked data to a text file when accessing their online database.

I admit their design is garbage, but I am trying to protect my password from prying eyes and am wondering if anyone has used the one product I have thus far found which might provide this feature.

If you know of another way, I am all ears.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most