Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #59
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
....we get it. You don’t like Fonner. If you somehow ever find yourself in the middle of Nebraska in the spring, I live 20 miles from the track and will glady show you some Nebraska hospitality at the track that will at least move Fonner up from “worst track” to at least “second worse track”. Fonner for 95% of people (outside of this year) is about getting a table with a bunch of your friends and drinking buckets of beer while betting a couple bucks on a name or number of a horse you like. It’s sometimes a welcomed break from the monotonous grind of handicapping races to just head out there and pound a few back and throw in a few bucks into a show parlay with your buddies that know nothing about racing.
Having married a woman born and raised in Nebraska I have had the opportunity to visit some NE tracks for the last 35 years. I have been to tracks all over the US and several in Europe but have never been treated better than how I was treated at NE tracks. I'll never forget my first visit to Aksarben when every teller would smile and say thank you after I was through betting. Quite a contrast from the usual gruff tellers I would encounter in CA or NY.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)