Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Recessions happen. If there is one on the horizon a year or so out, to me, that's the normal course of events. Will it happen? I have no idea. I find these inverted curves interesting facts. Are they predictive? Have been in the past, but who knows going forward. Two things are a given: 1. Markets overreact. 2. Short-term rates higher than long term rates is abnormal. It just doesn't make sense, at least to me.

That being said, I'm a day trader. I no longer try and predict what the markets are going to do. Been proven wrong too many times. (Been right many times, but bad timing.) Instead, I try (as best I can) to react appropriately to what the markets are already doing.

That approach has helped a lot. Quite a lot.
Recessions are almost always preceeded by an inverted yield curve. But an inverted yield curve, in and of itself, does not mean mean a recession is imminent. Correlation but not causation.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)