Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TRAKUS
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
pandy

TRAKUS

Trakus is only used at two harness tracks, Mohawk and Hoosier. I've noticed that the beaten lengths at each call is much higher at those two tracks. I'm trying to contact Trakus to see how what measurement they use to calculate a length. Personally, I think that the beaten lengths at calls at most harness tracks are incorrect. The chartcallers are using the old standard but the bikes are longer now with the drivers seated a few feet away from the horse, and, the drivers lean back. I see horses 13 lengths behind that are recorded as 10 lengths behind. Hoosier and Mohawk may be the only two tracks that have the beaten lengths correct.

Note: I've had a very good Meadowlands meet this year and one of the reasons is that I've put more emphasis on the ground that horses make up through the middle half (because I realized that the lengths were incorrect).
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)