Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #692
bobphilo

Here are some ads that showed up, appropriately enough, on the the ad side of the PA site used for timing track, skying, cycling and cross country. In addition to the traditional electronic timing used at most tracks for the leaders and winners there are more sophisticated systems that also time all the entries, just like Trakus and FPS. They all look pretty affordable for most tracks. Someone had asked earlier how expensive they were.

Have no idea of how accurate they are but I have yet to hear of timing errors at major track meets, especially the Olympics. Maybe tracks with timing errors should look into this stuff used by sports that may do it better. Makes you wonder when some college and high school track meets are timed more accurately than big name stakes races. Is horse racing just too insular to incorporate better and affordable systems from other sports?

Maybe they could be used in conjunction with cj's video type timing. If I were running one of the tracks that have been plagued by timing errors I would be looking look into both these and video timing.

https://www.google.com/search?source...31.6s5wgxyAgng

https://www.innovativetimingsystems....AaAq-rEALw_wcB

Last edited by bobphilo; 12-14-2018 at 09:55 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)