Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 4NJbets news...
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
I just wrote to a few NJ sources. The new "vig" will be either 25 cents per bet or $19.95 per month.

If 4njbets account holders protest they might get a clue, if not you can expect this to be like EZpass where each year they will just increase the fee.

We already pay a vig of 4.5% to deposit and gas and tolls to withdraw. The $240 a year isn't going to send me into poverty, but the whole point of being charged to do it rubs me the wrong way!
Just to clarify one thing, if you make a deposit at a racetrack, it's free to do so, no fees or charges. You would have to pay for gas, obviously, but I've been depositing money at Freehold for years with no charges. I wanted to mention that for those outside the state who don't know. If you send them the money through a credit card, there may be a fee there.

I'm pissed off about these BS fees. Sure, it's not a ton of money, but we should not have to pay for the privilege of wagering. I'd already curtailed my wagering due to life circumstances and lack of time (marriage, family). Since 4njbets was where I did the large majority of my wagering, this makes me consider giving it up altogether.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)