Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM   #22
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I have been told at least some of the whale teams are paying observers for physicality information.

And yes, they do have quantifiable algorithmic methods for incorporating physicality observations.

Interesting sidebar:

I have been told the observers are compartmentalized.

All communication is supposed to be one way. The observer's job to simply submit physicality observations and nothing else.

The system is designed so that the observers have no way of knowing who the other observers are, how to contact team members they don't have a need to know, or whether or not their physicality observations are actually used in the team's fundamental model.

This is done to make it difficult for team members and observers to go out and form a new team on their own while taking other team members, source code, and/or the team's fundamental model, etc. with them.

Which apparently, has actually happened a few times.

-jp

Thanks Jeff.
If whales aren't looking for inefficiencies underneath higher percentage winners, they should be. I just find it difficult to downgrade the #6 in Delaware's just completed opener for instance, with second last odds ranking, whom I assigned a 40% chance to run third based upon race dynamics (early pace factor compromised top 4 rivals, even if one emerged victorious), on something a physicality expert may say about her vis-à-vis inner race dynamics.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)