Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #110
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
To me Firenze Fire looked like the kid who is big entering high school sports and never gets much bigger.

He also started to flatten-out on a consistent basis.

I wrote him off even as a contender. Yes... I know some people love the '1-turn' angle. I try to really be selective with that angle, because players are quick to use it to rationalize opinions.

There are possibilities that it was legit.

Maybe FF had injuries/issues that were hampering him for several races? Yesterday he was finally healthy?

And maybe the huge late odds drop was due to a lucky bet? Maybe their computer program falsely had FF as the top horse, and they were wrong, but happened to luck-into this horse that was finally healthy after being hampered for several races?

It's possible, but that sounds like bullshit. You have a barn where (before FF's Dwyer) horses are suddenly improving dramatically, and then the horse has bad enough form to be 5/1 or 6/1 or whatever... Maybe a fringe contender in the Dwyer if you go for the 1-turn angle thing... and suddenly he drops to 5/2 at the break and runs like he's the Top 3YO.
That lucky bet would have been easy 5 figures....like you said did have form for that type of bet?

Here is another interesting stat, of the last 35 runners, and its like 20 wins, he has ZERO second place finishes, how is that even possible. I guess racing luck doesnt come into play for that barn. Stat was on Twitter, dont recall who said it.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)