Thread: Stupid Pools
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I've seen some good value there.

some observations:

Coupled Entries are usually extremely overbet. Almost to the point of either tossing them or passing the race.

Pick-3's have paid less than I expected. (Sample size probably thrown off by the time I used a to complete good capping in the previous races ).

Exactas have been better than I expected.

Post positions are largely ignored.

Finish order/literal form seems to be overrated.
Pace scenario seems underbet to me. And I don't think the pools, in general, are very sharp at detecting a bias..or non-bias, for that matter. Nor do I get the impression that the surface's intrinsic nature is much understood by Mahoning bettors. I also think that early imbalances in the win pool rarely get completely corrected.

The subtle aspects of strategy and running style are just not accounted for, either. Just a much-less than sophisticated bunch of bettors. That's my general observation. There ARE more than occasional signs on the tote that somebody has down some homework-but those somebodies aren't really that sharp or inspired.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)