Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: T. V. Ratings
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
Valupix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Monster
The tv ratings have been primed for an uptick for a while now. From a "share" perspective, the Derby ratings dropped steadily from the seventies to the late nineties (from a 54 in 1975 to 17 in 2000). In this new millenium, the share numbers have bounced around within a narrow range (20-24). Personally, I believe that portends a bit of upside for the future of the sport.
To put that in better perspective (I think), in the seventies there were a handful of channels to watch. Now I have hundreds. (and on demand features to go back and watch anything I might have missed the first time around)

A 54 then based on what little was available to the viewers compared to 17's in the 2000's is in relative terms probably an increase. I mean it had dropped to a little over a third in that time period, yet viewing options have gone up 10 or 20 fold. One would think it would have dropped far more than it did.
Valupix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)