Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #6
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post

Since they stopped that. The printed Daily Racing Form is the only option.The cost now, is 9-11 dollars. Instantly I noticed a very steep decline in attendance at this Racebook. I do see some printing their own books now. But for most, old-timers using technology appear to be the exception, not the rule.
The steep decline at the brick and mortar race-books has been going on for 20 years. As these older fans die off there is nobody to replace them. I’ve not once had a conversation with a race book bettor who said they would never come back because the cost of DRF. The state of Connecticut has an operation called “ Winners” run by Sportstech gaming that has several racebooks/OTB’s. The horse players left are mostly betting off the board or using free entry and tip sheets. I will say there has been some new dead money coming in because they have legalized sports betting and these OTB locations now have sports betting machines.

One final thought about cost of DRF etc. My opinion is that if someone is willing to blow a few hundred betting on horses they should have no problem spending 9.00-11.00 buying a racing form. It’s comical that these types of degens exist. I use to have a friend who wouldn’t spend 3.00 on a cup of coffee at the OTB but would blow 50.00 on one race.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement