Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #47
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Hi proximity!

You should see CT now. About 6 weeks ago the last of 5 new dealers started. The end result is a lot less waiting to get on a table, much less "freezing" of the waiting list in an effort to close down tables, and significantly larger player-funded high hand / promotional opportunities. Not that I ever plan to to get near it, but the poker room is now open to 6 AM (Was 4 AM) on Friday and Saturday nights. I've only had a single $200 High Hand in the past 2 months, but starting in October, and in addition to the the High Hands, they have been offering a rakeback for hours played during the month. For the top 50 players, 50 hours gets you $50, 75 hours gets you $125, and 100 hours gets one $250. I have been crazy enough to reach the 100+ hour plateau in Oct. and Nov., and I am off to a good start for Dec. October I had 127+ hours, which is way too stressing, and probably contrary to achieving one's best results. (The top guy had 170+ hours!).

I have also been on a good run the past 30+ days and I am narrowing the gap between regular poker results and High Hands / promotions. Unless disaster hits, I should finish a small amount on the plus side. It would be great to get the regular poker results (without HH/promotions) back to at least zero, but with about 3 weeks left in the year, the probability of that happening is about zero. My latest success in this area could be having more casual players playing and hoping to hit a High Hand.

BTW, I noticed few newer DeckMate shufflers on some of the tables, and was told they came from the closed Penn National room.

Maybe someday I will see you and your gf estrella at CT, albeit it would be a long drive for you. At least is is good to see you doing some texas holdem these days.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)