Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 01:48 AM   #27
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Mid-Year Report

Time to determine my playing results essentially thru the first half of this year. I am close to 700 hours of playing time, and if I keep up the current rate, 2022 will easily exceed the most hours played in a given year.

My hourly rate, which is ((Winnings + High Hand/Hot Seat/Hot Table Promotions) - (Regular Tips + Promotion Tips + Waitress Tips)) / Hours played = -$ 0.08

Other comps like food credits (when I am away from CT poker room) are not factored into the above hourly rate.

This very slight negative hourly rate is very close to breakeven, but only then because of the huge amount of high hand promotions I have been able to benefit from.

I feel like my game has stagnated, and even regressed. Much longer stretches of my play seem to be on auto pilot, and while some of my opponents seem to have gotten better, I have clearly not kept up. Earlier in the year it seemed like I was going thru some periods of unfavorable variance, which would with time balance out with more favorable variances. Now my play contains many more errors/impatience/bad play.

Time to re-evaluate my game and consider what significant changes might be needed to achieve an advantage over my usual competition. Because I have been playing sooooo much, perhaps I need to take more time off. Fortunately some of that time off will come with a fast-approaching vacation which includes zero poker room visits.

Expect future reports, even if they are not flattering.

Gentle Reminder --> This forum is not a contest to see who the best poker players are. Please feel free to share stories, poker results, and/or other poker room visit experiences you may have!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement