Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #18
classhandicapper

I love the sport. I enjoy watching the best run against the best. If I find a bet that's great, but if not, I'll still be interested in a great race. We are at the point where a handful of trainers have almost all the best horses, they avoid running against each other and try to keep their own horses apart. So we are getting way too many small or uncompetitive Stakes fields. That makes many of them unbettable too. We aren't going to attract many new fans of the sport that way.

The CAWs don't bother me beyond them having access to pool information I don't have. If I had the technological and statistical skills to create an advanced model and get my bets off later, I'd be a CAW getting bigger rebates. Otherwise, they are just another very skilled player I am competing with. I have to find holes in their game. Keep in mind, we are also competing against insiders that have access to information on the condition and treatment of their horses that we don't have.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-18-2023 at 05:10 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom